- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 17
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
Methodology Framework Group - Structured Finance We are looking for an AVP-Analyst to join the Methodology Framework Group - Structured Finance within the Methodology Development Group (MDG).
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support, project manager or lead methodology related projects covering a variety of asset classes
- Work with the relevant rating teams and other pertinent stakeholders to develop methodologies which meet MDG criteria for analytical relevance, consistency, and transparency.
- Coordinate with the Model Group to assure timely deployment of models and other relevant tools needed for methodology publication
- Prepare model runs and sensitivity analysis, as needed.
- Author and, where applicable, support authors from other units in creating methodology documents that clearly reflect quantitative frameworks as well as other important rating factors, and that meet internal standards and evolving regulatory and legal requirements.
- Assist the Document Process Group to assure timely publication of documents.
- When necessary, organize and conduct training sessions with rating teams to support methodology deployment.
- Compile and maintain tracking information for the portfolio of methodologies
- Assist with ad-hoc quantitative and analytical projects/tasks.
- Interact with other teams within Moody's Investors Service as needed to achieve goals.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
The Methodology Development Group (MDG) at Moody's is responsible for developing and publishing all new methodologies and revisions to existing methodologies, as well as the related models, scorecards and analytical tools used in MIS. MDG also performs analysis of the performance of ratings and methodologies and publishes a series of default and recovery studies. MDG includes the Methodology Framework Group, the Rating Model Group, Default and Rating Analytics, CSS Technology, and the Document Process Group.
The Methodology Framework Group (MFG) leads the analytical development of methodologies and scorecards and acts as the principal point of contact for LOBs in the development process. The MFG-Fundamental team performs this function for sector and cross-sector methodologies in CFG, FIG, PPIF and Sovereigns. The MFG-SFG team performs this function for sector and cross-sector methodologies in SFG.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in economics, finance, business or other quantitative field a plus; CFA a plus.
- Four to six years of experience in structured finance credit analysis that included assigning risk ratings to issuers and transactions.
- Experience in authoring credit rating methodologies a plus, as is familiarity with legal documents and advanced quantitative techniques.
- Excellent communications skills - oral and written. Writing needs to be well-structured and logical.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to help resolve differing analytical viewpoints.
- Highly disciplined, organized, and efficient with ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently - proactive, flexible, diligent, with the highest ethical standards.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.