AVP - Strategic Transactions
Strategic Transactions, Assistant Vice-President
As a Barclays Strategic Transactions Assistant Vice-President, you will assist in the execution of complex transactions (including, but not limited to, renewables tax equity financing) that serve to achieve the effective tax rate and capital management goals of the team. This role is regulated by FINRA
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Working on all aspects of structured transactions from early stage/inception through to full development, approvals and execution
• Modelling the economic benefits of proposed transactions
• Mapping out cash flows and projected financial statements for entities involved in proposed transactions; developing financing models
• Researching and undertaking technical analysis related to transactions developed by the business and assembling corresponding presentation materials and deal metrics
• Liaising with the firm's internal functions to determine the applicable treatment of proposed transactions and to confirm support
• Preparing internal approvals papers detailing proposed transactions
• Interacting with other business units (e.g. trading desks, structuring teams)
• Coordinating the preparation of and performing a review of complex legal documentation prepared by external counsel What we're looking for:
• Excellent educational background, preferably from a technical or quantitative discipline
• 2+ years working in a team within a top-tier investment bank, accounting firm or in a law firm with significant experience working on structured finance transactions
• 2+ years of experience with IFRS / US GAAP accounting, US tax and US / UK bank regulatory capital rules
• US Series 7 and 63 registrations under FINRA required (applicants are not required to have existing registrations, but registrations will need to be obtained) Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good problem solving, quantitative and modelling skills
• Excellent communication skills; demonstrable ability to articulate complex and inter-connected concepts clearly
• Time management and capability to work independently on a number of priorities and to tight deadlines
• A firm understanding of the components, economics and application of various financial instruments Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.