- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Nov 17
AVP - Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities:
- Collaborate with the business to understand business needs and scope for new research publications (products)
- Organize the planning, decision-making, and review processes leading to implementation of new research products
- Oversee the portfolio of new product initiatives, ensure timely and effective implementation and prepare related management reporting
- Partner with senior leaders across multiple business lines and teams to develop and implement strategies
- Organize and lead meetings with key business stakeholders and senior management with prepared agendas, documenting meeting outcomes and communicating them to management and appropriate team members
- Develop project plans that synthesize agreed upon scope, goals and deliverable for working groups and project teams
- Work with multiple business stakeholders to track and move tasks and initiatives forward through effective and well thought planning, coordination and execution
- Identify and lead topics of issue resolution, risk mitigation and effective change management strategy and execution
- Identify opportunities for improvement (e.g. for operating effectiveness and efficiency) and implement strategic solutions to address business needs
- Ability to quickly grasp and learn content or topics
- Communicate with team members and senior managers to raise issues, and ensure consistent views on mitigation approaches, processed and strategy
- Develop regular and ad hoc management reporting dashboards, summaries and presentation materials related to overall product management planning and tracking
- As necessary, additional project management tasks to move product management activities and processes forward and communicate to necessary stakeholders
Moody's Investors Service / MIS Research
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's Degree); graduate (e.g., Master's) preferred
- 7-10 years work experience
- Directly relevant project management experience, ideally gained from a financial institution or consulting firm
- Strong knowledge of the application of project management tools, techniques and best practices
- Advanced MS Excel skills including an ability to write macros, formulas and create pivots to perform gap analysis on large data sets
- Experienced in developing and delivering management presentations
- Verbal and written communication skills; experience communicating to Senior Management
- Strong organizational skills with sound judgment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, particularly in data analysis and manipulation
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.