AVP - OFAC / Sanctions Audit
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Our client, a premiere investment bank seeks to add an experienced auditor to support it's Financial Crime Audit team. The role reports to the Principal Audit Manager for OFAC/Sanctions, who in turn reports to the Chief Auditor for Anti-Financial Crime (AFC).
The core responsibilities of the Principal Auditor, Assistant Vice President Level are:
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to OFAC/Sanctions risks in accordance with group audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
• Assist in conducting OFAC/Sanctions risk assessment for the Americas region and contribute to risk assessment/business monitoring conducted at the country level by country Audit Heads.
• Undertake audit assignments, assist in drafting audit issues for review by audit management, conduct issue tracking and validate closure of issues. Participate in meetings with business auditors and provide input for business-led audits.
• Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
• When required, assist in training other GA staff on OFAC/Sanctions topics and oversee execution of the OFAC/Sanctions audit program.
• Complete all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
• Develop and maintain broad regulatory knowledge & experience. Stay abreast of business/industry changes and their effect on the department’s audit plan, methodology and risk assessments.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, Juris Doctor) and professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CAMS, CFE, etc.) preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience within financial services in an Internal Audit role covering OFAC/Sanctions or relevant first/second line OFAC/Sanctions experience.
• Working knowledge of OFAC/Sanctions system requirements, understanding of algorithms and scenarios, experience with validating data integrity, mapping fields from source systems to OFAC/Sanctions software, etc.
• Thorough understanding of the banking risk and control environment, and knowledge of the regulatory environment specific to OFAC/Sanctions.
• Professional credentials, including degree level education and relevant professional qualifications.
• Proven record of excellent written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with Stakeholders.
• The ability to multi-task assignments and prioritize workloads with minimal supervision.
• Furthermore, maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards - and the ability to stand your ground when challenged - are key to succeed in this role.
The successful candidate will be:
• Flexible, pro-active, self-sufficient and innovative, with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Able to take ownership and responsibility of agreed targets and deliver on your commitments within budget, in order to ensure timely and efficient completion of audit projects.
• A role model and reference point for your peer group, demonstrating the highest professional and ethical standards in all aspects of the role.