- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
AVP - Application Support EBS/Hyperion
Location: New York, NY, USA
- Complete understanding of the standard policy, ownership and implementation of the Incident, Request, Problem and Knowledge Management disciplines for Hyperion Applications.
- Own the delivery of Application Support operational activities to the Business and IT stakeholders Provide seamless support to the application users.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Hyperion Essbase and planning application and interface between Financial planning and analysis users, production support, and Business Systems Management and Application Development teams.
- Prioritize production incidents, requests and problems appropriately, to maximize the output of the Production Support team and minimize service disruption
- Identify long term trends, prioritize RCA queues and work with Business Systems Management to prioritize development effort for periodic releases
- Act as the first point of escalation and provide up-to-date statuses to all stakeholders including senior management on incidents and requests
- Lead the coordination with the Production Support team to establish best practices and improve performance.
- Oversight on ITSM toolset ensuring SLA's on incidents, requests and problem records are met and their details are accurate.
- Management of serious incidents in the application support area working for a speedy resolution and following up with resulting problem actions.
- Weekend Duty manager role as part of a global rotation acting as point of escalation for serious incidents.
- • Ability to support multiple lines of businesses or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) technologies at global level with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
- Ensure audit related activities are completed accurately and timely.
- Act as the technical liaison between operations teams, software engineers and consumers of technology, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing or upcoming solutions and their supportability.
- Understand the operations budget and identify opportunities for short and long term cost reductions
- Support (coordinate, plan and execute) the transition of support activities for all strategic, roadmap and retirement projects.
- Conduct governance reviews with the business sponsors and other stakeholders to develop, enhance and enforce a plan for continuous service improvement.
- Communicate events and their impact to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership and drive their tactical and long term resolutions.
- Drive the identification and reduction of low / no value tasks and manual intervention work with automation.
- Measure and improve the level of adherence to the established ITIL processes and Compliance standards.
- Identifying trends, prioritize root cause analysis queues, finalize preventive actions and work with the Business Service Delivery team to prioritize development effort for periodic releases.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to ensure efficiency improvements and ongoing and effective communication with the business.
- Manage vendor teams and enforce the SLAs and SLOs as documented in the corresponding SOWs.
- Working with the Technology Training Group as needed to train end-users for offices worldwide, including the creation and update of training materials.
- Collect first-hand information during incidents and outages and use the same for improvements in products and services.
- Change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations while continue to maintain a strong relationship.
- Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Influence and positively impact productivity, efficiency, and overall customer service levels and enhance organization's reputation amongst stakeholders.
- Make decisions and drive results that positively impact (reduce) operational costs.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to develop and lead an operations Team
- Availability during off hours and weekends to own, manage and help resolve high severity incidents.
- Must have the ability to:
o manage multiple simultaneous deliverables
o understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- University degree or equivalent
- Preferred 8+ years of experience in IT service management support role within the financial sector.
- Experience in SQL Server and Microsoft analysis service
- Technical Experience with Hyperion planning, Essbase SAP BPC and Oracle Smartview
- Experience in desktop applications like MS Access, VBA and Pivot tables
- A minimum of 3+ years support experience with Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Planning application suite is required
- The key competencies for this position include:
- Strong customer focus and follow-up skills are necessary.
- Must be well-organized, with superior relationship-building and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to stay focused under pressure.
- Must have the ability to understand business issues and translate them to IT priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Process management skills
- Business Analysis experience is advantageous.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.