- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Oct 18
AVP/VP, Middle Office Operations Oversight Manager, Alternative Investments # 120194
Senior AVP/VP level position leading Management, Oversight and Governance of external Service Providers of Middle Office Operations services to Credit Suisse Asset Management business. You will join New York-based Oversight and Governance (O&G) team responsible for monitoring day-to-day Provider deliverables and service levels as well as for broader Provider Management Process. As such the role requires equal parts experience and deep knowledge of Investment Management Operations and Vendor Oversight. As a member of the team you will be responsible for hands-on Projects and Issues management, monitoring and oversight of daily activities and vendor deliverables, Service Levels, Financials, Risk, Legal Agreements and Operational Procedures. You will work closely with Business COOs and the Trading Desks as well as with the Service Providers to improve Service Delivery, reduce cost, manage risk and to overall promote Credit Suisse's interests.
Core responsibilities include:
• Trade Settlement support - Monitor trade submission, execution and settlement, investigate and collaborate on solving settlement issues and trade fails. Review and act on trade reconciliation reports.
• Key interface between the Service Provider and various areas within Credit Suisse including Front Office, Trading, Legal and Compliance, Risk and IT. This includes tracking, reviewing and working to solve issues in service delivery, managing projects, monitoring daily activities and on-boarding of new accounts and counterparties.
• Daily data quality control testing to monitor accuracy of inbound data extracts from the Service Providers.
• Overseeing Credit Suisse offshore resources responsible for daily controls activities.
• Monitoring to ensure Service Provider deliverables are successfully met, work with the Provider and internal partners to collaboratively address issues. Provide feedback to help improve services
• Identification, review, investigation and documentation of operational risk activities
• Regulatory reporting support
• Production and review of Operations Metrics and other reports
• Change, Project and Issues Management
• Monthly and Quarterly service reviews with the Service Providers
• Ensuring compliance with Credit Suisse's policies relating to outsourcing
• Knowledge of Alternative Investments particularly the practical workings of instruments such as futures, swaps, credit derivatives, options, FX, structured notes, and securitized products
• 10 years work experience with demonstrated expertise across Middle Office functions including trade support, collateral management, corporate actions, securities valuation, reconciliation, P&L and Performance reporting
• Deep knowledge and understanding of functions and roles performed by Service Providers and main participants in the Asset Management Industry including Middle Office providers, Fund Administrators, Custodians, Prime Brokers, Broker Dealers, FMUs, etc.
• Experience working with Service Providers - either overseeing the provider from the Investment Management side, or working for the Service Provider.
• Extraordinary and confident communications skills including proven ability to communicate with senior stakeholders.
• Process-oriented individual with the ability to approach problems consistently and offer standard and cost-efficient solutions. Experience with complex problem solving
• Degree in relevant business discipline.
• People management experience a plus.
• Project Management experience.
• Advanced Excel knowledge.