AVP- Operational Risk Management Department: Business Continuity
- Commensurate with Experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
This position is in the Operational Risk Management Department with direct oversight of Bank's Business Continuity Program.
The role will interact with all stakeholders across all levels of the organization including Front Line Units, Legal & Compliance, Internal Audit, Operations (OSD), Americas Data Center and Chief Data Office.
Direct responsibilities maintain the bank-wide business continuity strategy and plan; performing the annual business continuity risk assessment – Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessment and Update BC Plan, periodic update of BCP related policy, procedures and guidelines; become the subject matter expert on business continuity – keeping management apprised of new regulatory requirements and innovations in business continuity; conduct scenario testing and assess control implications related to Business Continuity; ensure the bank is actively promoting staff preparedness, senior management escalation, and crisis management.
BCP Program Administration
Administrate and Coordinate a BC program to minimize the effects of business disruptions.
Assist the update of BCP Governance Structure, strategy and plan periodically Develop and maintain Business Recovery Plans; Business Impact Analysis (BIA), RTO, RPO, MAD; Disaster Recovery/Crisis Management Plans,
Conduct BCP Risk Assessment
Arrange BCP testing exercises with respective program approved for all USA branches according to the BCP plans, summarize results, and provide respective report to risk management committees
BCP Event Management
Maintain the firm’s resilience and viability before, during, and after an adverse event (e.g. natural or manmade disaster) and partner with CDO in event of Information Security or Cyber security failure, or similar event.
Ensure that call tree documentation and BCP “What to do list” are maintained and tested. Identify regulatory and compliance gaps and inconsistencies in control environment. Provide awareness training, BCP enhanced skill training and monitor attendance on a bank-wide basis.
• Partner with applicable businesses to identify and drive consistency and gap remediation.
• Partner with Legal, Compliance, CDO and ADC in maintenance of BCP.
BCP Third Party Management
Implement consistent BCP approach to Third Party Vendors. Monitor and maintain discipline at TP ensuring their standards and compliance is equal to or greater than BOCNY.
Complete related special projects/tasks assigned by department head
BSA/AML, Compliance, and Talent Management
1) Complete required BSA/AML, and other compliance trainings as provided
2) Beware of BSA/AML issues, provide risk warnings to FLU and IRM when noticed
3) Complete all other trainings as required (on the job, or others)
• Consultative and advisory skills
• Organization skills
• Influence and conflict resolution
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to interpret and apply policies, standards and procedures.
• Understanding of the operational risks that are inherent to the products offered.
• Program management skills.
• Strong problem solving, risk management and internal controls skills
• Strong financial / econometric
• Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft office.
• Business Continuity Management
• At least 5 years of work experience in banking with 3 years directly manage BCP program