- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Jan 18
AVP-Business Analyst (ERP Financials)
Location: New York, NY, USARole:
This individual will serve as a primary contact with business clients to elicit and validate requirements - developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping these clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle. This individual will also work closely with Business Systems Management and with the application development and quality assurance teams to provide support for their work products and to act as an informed customer advocate within the development team. This individual will also be responsible for detailed, high-quality documentation which meets the needs of the various project stakeholders. This individual may work both on enhancements to existing systems and on new development either as the primary Business Analyst or collaborating with other Business Analysts. Position may also be required to work in the capacity as an IT Project Manager and or take on aspects of the IT Project Manager role as well when needed. Specific responsibilities for the position may include:
- Independently managing requirements - and design - related activities for complex projects that cross multiple systems and have multiple stake-holder types.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of Moody's business processes and strategies as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and filtering and prioritizing customer demand and business impact.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Facilitating the development of business cases to support investment.
- Partnering with technical architects to assure that technical models are aligned with business models.
- Resolving any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
- Supporting Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs within and across Moody's systems.
- Authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems in question, including business requirements, functional requirements, end to end process flows, use cases, and Business System Concept documents.
- Adding to/Updating existing logical data models and creating entirely new logical data models. Independently designing highly usable interaction models and screens for entirely new or substantially re-imagined applications.
- Managing technical appropriateness and/or feasibility of requirements and designs.
- Obtaining signoffs and managing requirements change.
- Actively managing Stakeholders of all levels by leading discussions of project scope and approach, and presenting business analysis findings/documentation and proposed solutions.
- Actively participating in the scope definition process and make reasonable recommendations to meet designated release timelines
- Enforcing scope management discipline from Inception and Elaboration phases through delivery.
- Ensuring that the business and the Development and QA teams fully understand requirements prior to requirements finalization date during release, by conducting walkthroughs of all requirements documents.
- Reviewing all Development and Architecture designs for coherence with the explicit written and implicit ("common knowledge") requirements.
- Documenting all BA-led meetings with Working Team, Development, and QA to ensure all participants are clear on the discussions and takeaways.
- Notes should be distributed to all meeting participants within one working day.
- Participating in QA resource planning and estimations. Ensure vendor estimations are within reason and do not exceed standards of previous projects.
- Reviewing QA Test Cases and ensure feedback has been incorporated by QA team prior to functional testing start within each release.
- Ensuring QA test cases are prioritized executed in order of criticality to business function.
- Track defects on a daily basis, making sure that all data entered by QA is updated and accurate.
- Track text case execution against plan and ensure QA dashboards/status reports are updated as agreed. Ensure any issues identified/highlighted by reporting are remediated immediately to keep test execution on track.
- Lead UAT Efforts from Creation of test cases and data through execution.
- Support training activities for internal team and external end users including documentation of Quick Reference Cards and other Training documentation/sessions.
- Depending on the project, this may involve supporting the Training group, or may involve direct responsibility for production and delivery of these materials.
- Perform BA sanity testing for all releases.
- Facilitate post-release support and transition to application support teams.
- Adhere to all PDLC templates and processes relevant to specific projects.
Business Systems Delivery
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters preferred
- US only: 10+ years of experience in systems development. Includes development project management, business analysis, UI design, information architecture, and data modeling.
- Experienced in Financial Applications implementation (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Procurement, Asset Management, Billing).
- Fundamental understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc) and industry best practices.
- Working knowledge implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Ability to remain self-directed, adaptable, flexible in order to adjust priorities and goals in changing environments.
- Proven ability to identify and interpret business requirements into application requirements and IT solutions.
- Strong experience in multi-system application integration.
- Strong leadership skills across both single discipline and multi-discipline teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to author a range of high-quality deliverables, including Process Flows, Use Cases and UI Designs.
- Proven ability to articulate complex application requirements and functionality to multiple levels of business and IT stakeholders
- Proven relationship-building skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance relationships with customer and peers.
- Experience with a large, functionally diverse, and informed user base that demands high quality applications.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.