- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17
Location: New York, NY, USA
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Vice President - Analyst to manage a portfolio of investment grade and high yield asset manager and insurance broker issuers in addition to a portfolio of rated mutual funds.
This is a challenging role to be responsible for providing insightful credit analysis, ensuring ratings accuracy and effectively communicating our credit opinions to the market. This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the assigned companies and sectors and writing thought-leading research.
The analyst will also be expected to participate in conference and meet with asset managers and investors, and play a pivotal role in raising the profile of the Managed Investments team and Moody's.
- Establish Moody's as thought leader in the funds and asset management sector and enhance our analytics and high quality research impact
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with investors and issuers at some of the world's largest financial institutions
- Write in-depth, high quality research on trends in the asset management sector, on specific funds and asset managers, as well as on ad hoc topics
- Perform and present in-depth credit analysis effectively on a regular basis at rating committees
- Develop Moody's franchise through outreach to key market players and development initiatives (e.g. conference participation, targeted meetings, etc.)
Global Managed Investments
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience including solid financial analysis experience, previous asset management industry experience is desired
- Strong quantitative aptitude including a robust understanding of accounting standards and proven analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Graduate / second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) required or equivalent strong academic background.
- CFA/CAIA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.