AS BusinessSolutions Hd,PrdMgm
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 20 Apr 19
AS BusinessSolutions Hd,PrdMgm
BNY Mellon is a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution. Weprovide Investment Management and Investment Services that help individuals andInstitutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over theworld. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 52,900 employees are located in36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon has approximately$32.2 trillion in assets under custody and administration, and more than $1.8trillion of assets under management. In addition, the Company is the world'slargest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and aleading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Marketsservices. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7 th largest global asset managerand 8th largest US wealth manager.
Asset Servicing is organized on two primary dimensions - Clients and Solutions.On the Solutions dimension, Asset Servicing is organized into six primarybusinesses - Custody, Accounting& Structured Products, Investor Solutions, Middle Office, Alternatives andLiquidity.
The Product Business Head, Global Accounting & Administration reports to the Head of Asset Servicing Business Solutions and drives product vision, strategy and roadmaps, product profitability and unit cost, and for driving the automation andefficiency agendas on a global basiswith distinct P&L
• Create and maintain a strategic road-map for all Global Accounting &Administration capabilities (Institutional Accounting, Insurance Accounting,Fund Accounting, Regulatory and Administration product families) and drive theproduct life cycle from conception to development and delivery (Includes productpricing, automation/ technology prioritization, efficiency, resiliency,interbank SLA's, overall unit cost, quality and execution on the productstrategy)
• Define the standard product offering providing an industry leading,flexible and comprehensive multi-client solution by critically analyzing,refining and documenting the requirements.
• Work with clients and client facing teams to deliver client driven solutionsthat are re-usable.
• Work with Head of Digital for driving the digital agenda for theirbusiness. Provides thought leadership that engages with client needs andgenerates interest in wider firm solutions
• Lead and drive a cross functional team to deliver the capabilities beingbuilt on the Bank's platform
• Ensure the successful launch and rapid ongoing innovation in the space
• Has full P&L responsibility for the business globally. Fully responsible for product developmentstrategy and execution end to end; leads prioritization and capital planning.Manages and leverages the financial growth and profitability of all productswithin the business.
• Maintains industry expertise, has knowledge of market trends, competitorofferings, and regulatory developments. Responsible for maintaining competitive capabilities across Products,Segments and regions at the most efficient unit costs. Industry representativeof BNY Mellon at client and industry events, as agreed with regional andsegment heads.
• Participant in non-standard contract negotiations. Has influence/powerfor all pricing requests in collaboration with Region and Segment Heads. Involved in BAC and provides content for RFPsas needed.
• Directs the efforts and priorities of Technology and Operations onbehalf of the business.
• Product-specific issue resolution. Works with Service Directors, ProductSpecialists, Segment and Regional Heads, Technology and Operations to resolve escalatedbusiness issues.
• Manages business in accordance with applicable KRIs and risk assessmenttolerances to ensure full compliance with all regulatory and internal riskrequirements.
• Develops tracking and reporting methodology on results for the business.Develops and reports on function metrics and dashboards.
• Attracts, retains and motivates high quality talent (product specialistsand others), maximizing their individual contribution, their professionalgrowth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as ateam.
A breadth ofindustry knowledge, significant product expertise, and client-segment insightswill be the basis of experience that this individual holds, along with a deepappreciation of the role technology plays in this rapidly evolving industry.Managing and recognizing risks associated with the industry and productsprovided is critical. Qualified candidates must be able to create vision, driveexecution and lead in an evolving industry while identifying long termobjectives for the Asset Servicing business. The desired candidate shouldpossess industry thought leadership and recognition, along with the ability topresent the products in a way that resonates with stakeholders at all levelswith whom they interact.
The successfulcandidate will be key to driving and supporting BNY Mellon's Principlebehaviors of:Client Focus in all we do; Commitment to excellence in deliveringexceptional performance; accountability for delivering excellence and to havesmart decision making. They will possess product expertise as a business leaderin this high profile role and will be considered a trusted and senior advisor.The ability to set and influence direction, influence Leaders to execution willset this incumbent apart from its peers.
'Sets strategy and vision for the Product Management function for a business unit and has oversight of the full complement of products within a key segment. Drives product related strategies across a diverse combination of industry segments and global and domestic geographies. Accountable for the P&L and end to end running of the business globally. Sets the strategy and vision for the business and has full P&L accountability. Accountable for the complete complement of products across the segments served and responsible for capital planning. Manages and leverages the financial growth and profitability of all products within he business. Collaborates with Regional and Segment Heads on market, product, and client strategies. Maintains industry expertise, knowledge of market trends, competitor offerings and regulatory developments. Responsible for eficiently maintaining and enhancing competitive capabilities across products segments and regions in a cost effective manner. Represents BNY Mellon at client and industry events as agreed upon with regional and segment heads.Accountable for the end to end efficient running of the business globally and the execution of the global product strategy. This includes product roadmap, lifecycle, pricing, resiliency, interbank SLA's, overall unit cost, and quality. Directs and prioritizes the efforts of Technology and Operations on behalf of the business. Develops the tracking and reporting methodology including relevant metrics and dashboards. Partners with the Head of Digital in driving the digital agenda for the business. Provides thought leadership that engages with client needs and generates interest in wider firm solutions.Participates in non-standard contract negotiations. Provides input and has influence on all pricing requests in collaboration with Region and Segment heads. Involved in BAC and provides insight and context for complex RFP's as needed.Manages the business in accordance with applicable KRIs and risk assessment tolerances to ensure full compliance with all legal, regulatory and internal risk requirements. Partners with Service Directors, Product Specialists, Segment Heads, Regional Heads, Technology and Operations to resolve escalated business issues.Attracts, retains and motivates high quality talent, including product specialists and other key talent, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.Manages multiple teams. Work is accomplished through subordinate managers.P&L accountability
The incumbentshould have extensive experience at a leadership level, which would ideallyhave been spent within a large global matrix organisation, and should includeexperience driving results in multiple geographies and jurisdictions. Thisexperience is likely to come from within Financial Services due to the depth ofproduct knowledge required to be successful.
• Must possess strong presentation, negotiation,influence, emotional intelligence and communication skills to rapidly developenterprise-level partnerships and rapport with client leaders to gain trust andconfidence. Understanding of GSIFI/regulated FI market issues, industrywide Asset Servicing offerings, and the BNY Mellon value proposition anddifferentiation.
• Manage complexity and leading multiple projects withan unrelenting focus and prioritization
• Being a thoughtful communicator who can expresscomplex ideas in simple, practical terms for a wide range audiences
• Bring a global mind-set and working across a diverseset of environments
• Have excellent analytical, conceptual,communication, presentation and networking skills
• Strong academics with a minimum Bachelor's degree orthe equivalent academics achieved.
Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 15+ years of total work experience with at least 5-7 years in management preferred; securities or financial services experience preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.'
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70719
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979
Requisition Number: 1905193