ASSOC DIR-RATINGS ANALYTICAL
JobDescription : Job Description Associate Director - Structured Finance Ratings - CMBS (North America)
S&P Global is seeking an experienced analyst to join its Structured Finance Ratings group as an Associate Director in the CMBS practice. The practice provides credit ratings on commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) transactions that are backed by single or multiple commercial real estate loans.
The Associate Director will be an integral part of the analytical team, which is responsible for real estate collateral analysis, transaction document analysis, external thought leadership, and issuer and investor outreach in support of new issue ratings and surveillance of CMBS transactions. The Associate Director will conduct property-level and transaction-level analysis as it pertains to our published CMBS criteria, and act as a primary rating analyst leading transactions through the rating process. The Associate Director will also participate in credit rating committees and interact with bankers, issuers and investors on analytical matters.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded individual who possesses strong analytical and communications skills, which are essential for engaging with market participants.
The Associate Director's core responsibilities will center on collateral and document analysis of CMBS transactions as follows:
- Perform detailed commercial real estate valuation analysis on underlying CMBS collateral properties.
- Conduct detailed reviews of legal and operating documents to ensure compliance with criteria and identify issues with the transaction structure. Provide comments to external parties.
- Actively manage relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors. Effectively communicate S&P's methodologies and procedures. Participate in client meetings.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and property analysis.
- Work on special projects as directed by the analytical team manager.
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline and 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, financial models and financial data.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P Global products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team.
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.