Position: Associate, Financial Services (Insurance) Ratings The Role:
This position is for a highly motivated Associate with excellent organizational, time management, communication, and research skills. The Associate must be able to handle multiple assignments with tight time frames; work well under pressure; work well independently and as an integral part of a team. Primary responsibilities include the fundamental credit analyses for non-life Insurance credits and publishing credit opinions to the market on individual names and industry trends. The Associate will be required to lead in all aspects of the ratings process, from quantitative analytics, engaging with the issuer, presenting in committees to publishing, communicating trends/analalytical takeaways with investor community, and training junior staff. The Associate will also conduct detailed analysis on complex industry topics including but not limited to complex quantitative modeling leading to credit insights, market evaluations and industry commentaries. The Associate will be expected to follow through and meet deadlines, demonstrate initiative, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and handle multiple tasks and organize priorities among clients, investors, analysts, and editors. The Impact:
The Career Opportunity:
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
- With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
As an Associate, you are working as part of a sector team in the North American Financial Services Ratings (P&C/Reinsurance) group in S&P Global Ratings. With the guidance of senior analysts and support from junior analysts, a qualified Associate typically covers 10-12 insurance credits and is responsible for ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of rated insurance issuers and performs advanced fundamental credit analysis, forecasting, and industry analysis. The Team / The Business:
When you join S&P Global Ratings and the North American Financial Services Ratings group, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks in corporate finance. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria in a fast pace environment. Your Skills:
Our Hiring Manager says:
- BA or BS required, preferably in finance, risk, economics, accounting or business.
- Advance Degree, MBA/CFA, achieved or progress preferably
- 2-4 years of experience, credit and or insurance-related
- Strong analytical skills with a good understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
- Understanding of fixed income markets.
- Ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information, while demonstrating strong proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines.
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution. English communication skills should be strong - both verbal and written.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and work under time pressure.
- Permanent Work Authorization for the United States is required.
"I'm looking for a person who is highly motivated, hard-working, and understands and enjoys focusing on fundamental credit analysis and prospers working as part of a team in a very dynamic work environment. At S&P Global Ratings, our primary responsibility is providing high quality, credible credit research and opinions to inform investors in their investment decisions, and we need to recruit the best qualified person that can help the team meet these high expectations." Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263639 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States