Associate, Insurance Services, Financial Services Ratings The Location:
New York, NY/Denver, CO The Team:
The Insurance Services team within Financial Services Ratings division at S&P Global is focused on assigning and surveilling ratings on a range of insurance services credits, including insurance brokers, health services and transaction processing companies. The Impact:
The successful candidate will be the primary analyst responsible for a portfolio of credits in this growing and active sector. In addition to surveillance of the portfolio, the analyst will effectively communicate with market participants about ratings, as well as fundamentals and trends impacting the industry. What's in it for you:
- Access to senior management to hear firsthand of the challenges and opportunities our issuers face
- Work as an integral member of a small team of experienced analysts to assign and surveil ratings
- The opportunity to collaborate on research on sectors of interest
- Daily interactions with key market participants
- Exposure to the global insurance sector
- Engagement with a diverse portfolio of investment grade and high yield credits
What We're Looking For:
- Analyze a portfolio of credits focused on the insurance services sector
- Prepare for and lead meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information important to our ratings and to explain our credit rating opinions
- Actively participate in management meetings
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer's credit rating and present recommendations in rating committees
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global's credit portal and other media sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Actively participate in rating committees including companies outside of primary coverage
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the field of credit analysis, ideally of financial institutions
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts
- Be accurate with figures and detail orientated so as to maintain accuracy while complying with deadlines
- Have strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills
- Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Undergraduate degree, preferable majors in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business related majors.
- An MBA focused on Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, or Mathematics is preferred
- CFA accreditation a plus
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263152 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States