Description About this role BlackRock Portfolio Consulting Analyst
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Position Title - Portfolio Consulting Analyst
Location - New York, NY or Princeton, NJ
This role will be a key member of BlackRock's Portfolio Consulting (PC) team as part of the firm's US Wealth Advisory business, with responsibility for preparing portfolio analysis and supporting various client consulting requests under the direction of a senior investment consultant. Alongside investment analysis tasks, the role will also provide support for various strategic initiatives as we seek to scale the reach and impact of our consulting platform. As a member of the PC team, your responsibilities include:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Partner with senior consultants in the crafting of robust portfolio solutions for client engagements. Aspects of the engagement can range from portfolio asset/risk allocation to individual fund discussions through the lens of holdings and/or returns based analysis.
- Assist in the preparation for client meetings/conference calls and in the completion of bespoke client projects.
- Support various team-wide strategic initiatives.
- Continually expand investment, portfolio construction and BlackRock product knowledge base. Stay abreast of the market environment and the relevant investment research.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight time constraints.
- Help innovate and improve processes and workflow within the team.
- Expectations are to grow and develop in the role while in support of senior consultants.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
- BA/BS required. Interest in obtaining further certification (ie CFA, CFP, CAIA, etc) a plus.
- Interest and aptitude for learning and practically applying portfolio construction and optimization approaches.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong level of written and verbal communication skills needed to prepare and present portfolio construction recommendations;
- Analytical skills necessary to review and interpret complex investment product information and determine appropriate response to meet the needs of Financial Advisors.
- Strong familiarity with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.), and experience with lite programming (e.g. SQL) preferred.
- High level of self-motivation; ability to work independently and with modest supervision.
- Series 7 & Series 66 required or expected to be obtained within 6 months of hire
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $85,500 - $100,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.