AML Transaction Monitoring SME/Data Lead - Vice President
Position Overview Job Title:
AML Transaction Monitoring SME/Data Lead Corporate Title:
Vice President Location:
New York, NY Overview
As the anti-money laundering (AML) subject matter expert (SME) and Data Lead in the Anti-Financial Crimes (AFC) Modelling Americas team, you will be playing a key role in managing and building an effective and sustainable AML transaction monitoring program; and partner with key stakeholders (Financial Crime Investigations, AFC Data, Global Technology & Operations, Business Line Product Managers etc.). You will be responsible for leveraging technical and data analytical capabilities to support transaction monitoring enhancements. You will have a good understanding of AML red flags, typology coverage assessments, transaction monitoring data, etc. applicable for various lines of businesses (LOB's). This is a great opportunity to make an impact in one of the key areas of the Bank where senior/executive management at Deutsche Bank is fully vested in improving the overall global AFC program and controls. What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills and Experience:
- Act as an AML / Transaction Monitoring SME within the AFC Modelling team and work with Business first line of defense (1LOD) to understand the products being offered and define specifications/red flags for Transaction Monitoring models
- Address and resolve logic and configuration issues in Monitoring scenarios by conducting tuning & optimization exercise and review and address open AML TM findings from Model Validation, Audit and other independent bodies in a timely fashion
- Work in partnership with AFC stakeholders to develop and drive initiatives that transform and modernize the capabilities and services of Monitoring within the AFC function as well as perform 'deep dives' to interpret data quality issues, identify remediation and track to resolution
- Support implementation of Sustainable Data Controls (SDC's) and conduct validation/testing prior to rollout
- Represent the group in various data governance forums, and clearly communicate data related issues and potential resolution paths
How You'll Lead:
- Bachelor's/ Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, Information Management, or Statistics preferred with extensive experience in Financial Crime space with expertise in AML Transaction Monitoring
- SME in financial crime compliance covering multiple product lines such as correspondent banking, wealth management, brokerage, trade and asset management and knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a complex financial organization as well as strong understanding of AML red flags, typologies and transaction monitoring data for various lines of businesses
- Extensive direct knowledge of AML transaction monitoring systems, preferably Mantas and Actimize and extensive experience with AML transaction monitoring data and data analysis
- Strong experience in analyzing data from multiple sources, including hands-on experience with Data Quality and Remediation tasks
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle, SQL, SharePoint, Jira
- Ability to interpret complex requirements and be a self-starter
- Direct or indirect experience in Big Data and/or Data Science
- CAMS certification preferred as well as a background in Big 4 Consulting preferred
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.