AML Surveillance Analyst
The AML Surveillance Analyst is responsible to ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transaction in the Bank and ensure timely reporting of suspicious transactions to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Officer. The Analyst is responsible for reviewing the AML cases generated, by conducting research, documenting the investigations, and providing initial recommendations and organizing and maintaining supporting documentation. This includes the ownership of th e investigative cases from assignment to closure which includes c arrying out varying levels of research/investigation, depending on the complexity of each case. . Specific responsibilities include:
- Independently conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from the Bank's internal systems, the internet and commercial databases
- Independently assess and analyze research results and conduct complex data analysis applying background knowledge and experience
- Conduct enhanced due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures
- Conduct investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements
- Determine investigative and data analytics approach, use sound decision-making and discretion in making independent decisions that mitigate corporate risk at each decision point throughout the investigation
- Follow up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case
- Compile supporting documentation and data including media and transaction including documenting review findings for management review
- Provide recommendations for SAR filing by presenting documentation to support findings
- Write and prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination
- Assist with money laundering related queries/questionnaires received.
- Perform ad hoc projects or tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Responsibility to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, enterprise wide risk management framework and in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Four Year College Degree or equivalent experience in the industry.
- At least one year experience in reviewing customer transactions for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML related investigations using an AML automated monitoring software.
- Knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA Patriot Act, FinCEN requirements, and SAR requirements
- Excellent research skills, including experience with online research tools
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Outlook)
- Strong writing, analytical, decision making/problem solving and communication skills
- Able to multitask and complete projects in a timely fashion
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with strong ability to work independently
- Experience in reviewing Know Your Customer (KYC) information for complex banking products (such as correspondent banking), performing analysis of customer information/transactions, conducting customer reviews
- Preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) is a plus
- Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) would be helpful.
- Securities background is a plus
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.