AML Model Risk Governance Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
AML Model Risk Governance Manager
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone like that who can:
• Oversee AML model development and governance across multiple lines of business (including correspondent banking, private and investment banking) and multiple Transaction Monitoring Systems, ensure sound risk coverage, adequate quantitative model assessment and validation, and data quality completeness and integrity
• Work with line of business stakeholders to define requirements and criteria for success and tracking, oversee development and implementation risk-based, effective and efficient rules, lead a diverse team of systems and analytics professionals based in onshore, near-shore, and offshore teams, and engage risk and audit partners to ensure ongoing review and transparency achieved
• Provide oversight and guidance to define relevant methodology/approach in a clear and concise manner to support the model optimization efforts. Maintain standards for various AML methodology including segmentation methodology, scenario tuning methodology, peer grouping, sampling (below the Line) methodology.
• Work with the Optimization team to ensure the rules are reviewed on a regular basis based on the level of risk and that the systems are appropriately optimized
• Track and report results of tuning and optimization activities and model performance to AML coverage areas, senior management and regulators
• Support all review and audit functions; create a model inventory list and ensure all models are reviewed, provide appropriate training to bank and unit staff, and lead a team of analytics experts to continually assess current and emerging high risk transactional activities via the utilization of innovative analytical methodologies
• Complete UBS's annual BSA/AML/OFAC training
We are seeking a Head of AML Model Risk Governance who will be working within the C&ORC Financial Crime Americas team. Our role is to assist UBS in the fight against money laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?