AMD Operations - AMD Ops Mgmt & Strategy - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your strong organizational skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our Committee Governance team is seeking a professional to manage the committee governance process and coordinate the efforts in ensuring all new activities and new product proposals are subject to a robust governance framework in order to ensure successful business flow.
Goldman Sachs relies heavily on committees to coordinate and apply consistent business standards, practices, policies and procedures across the firm. The firm's committee governance structures serve to enhance our reputation, business practices and client service. Committees serve as a vital control function for the firm and require a robust governance framework to operate effectively. This framework sets the operational standards and best practices for committees involved in the management of the firm.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is the asset management arm of the firm, providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Goldman Sachs Asset Management has become one of the pre-eminent asset management organizations in the world.
Asset Management Operations provides differentiated services and capabilities to clients around the world. We are a multi-faceted group that partners with all areas of Asset Management to support evolving markets and business requirements. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Asset Management Operations provides essential risk management and control.
The Committee Governance team sits within the AM Operations Management & Strategy team and has primary responsibility of overseeing the coordinated review of new activities and products across Asset Management. The team has extensive interaction with senior leadership, including divisional management, COO, CFO, Counsel, Compliance, Portfolio Management and other senior leaders. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Govern the workflow of the Asset Management New Activity Committee (AM NAC), working with AM NAC Chairs, Counsel, Compliance and other stakeholders to provide essential risk management and serve as a vital control function in ensuring that all new activities and product launches are subject to a robust governance framework in order to ensure successful business flow.
• Serve as the business' main point of contact to review all new activity, instruments, and product proposals. The role helps to coordinate, track, and manage the memo reviews in partnership with the business, working groups, and Council / Committee members.
• Develop an understanding of the Asset Management business and collaborate with a diverse set of functional areas, including portfolio management, trading, operations, legal, compliance, risk, tax, engineering, etc., to conduct due diligence on new activity and product launch proposals
• Provide oversight of Working Groups (Product Working Group, New Instruments Council, Separate Accounts & Advisory Working Group) to ensure consistency in business standards, practices, policies and procedures across Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
• Collaborate with other committees on cross-divisional and firm-wide projects and initiatives
• Manage strategic projects to automate the committee governance process in order to increase controls, create scale and efficiencies, and enable quicker to market turnaround
• Bachelor's degree required
• Vice President level with minimum 8 years of professional experience in the financial services industry
• Demonstrate strong communication skills with ability to partner across federation teams, businesses and senior management
• Strong organizational skills including ability to track multiple threads of activity, deliver on tight timelines, detail oriented, excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
• Ability to build trust and confidence of stakeholders and strengthen working relationships through ongoing dialogue and interactions across various levels within the organization
• Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
• Solid understanding of Equity, Fixed Income and Alternative products
• Foundational knowledge of the asset management business ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity