AMD - Head of Relationship Management – US Structured Finance
Job Description Leader of relationship management for the Structured Finance Group (which consists of ABS, RMBS, CMBS and Structured Credit) in the United States. Responsible for managing a team of Account Management and Business Development associates.
Senior role accountable for the development and execution of commercial strategy with a focus on extending existing customer relationships and developing new business relationships. Scope and key Responsibilities:
- Overall line management of the US Structured Finance group within the Relationship Management team. Lead the efforts to attract, hire, train and retain talented staff while optimizing the organizational structure.
- Develop efficient and effective account management plans. Establishing customer outreach strategy; setting and ensuring that the teams are meeting annual targets for face-to-face meetings, market coverage, and billings.
- Lead the design, implementation, and execution of a strategic business development plan for the US Structured Finance group. Develop and implement a variety of new business initiatives and implement best practices in sales techniques to achieve the sales target for the team.
- Provide feedback on product needs, ideas, and concepts to the Product Management team where appropriate.
- Work closely with Marketing, Pricing, and Operations groups to optimize the functioning of Relationship Management for the US Structured Finance group.
- Acts as facilitator of expert panels in internal and external meetings; speaker at conferences and events.
- Lead review of team budget, forecast, and staffing needs for the team.
- Expected to spend up to 30% of the time on the road meeting customers.
- Industry knowledge: expert level knowledge on structured finance instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets. Deep knowledge of the structured finance market and its ecosystem is essential.
- Strategic vision for Relationship Management: ability to think holistically about a market in the broader context of their own and other territories and able to formulate a strategic and tactical plan for the Structured Finance Group with high autonomy. This includes a detailed SWOT analysis for the area and concrete proposals regarding how to fully exploit opportunities and how to address gaps.
- Strong functional and technical skills - including ability to easily switch from role as Account Management to Business Development and to develop others to do so. Capable of negotiating and defending pricing and contracts.
- Executive leadership presence and strong communication skills - ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation. Track record of speaking convincingly in front of senior management, customer and larger audiences.
- Strong leadership and management skills - with a track record of managing and continuing to develop a strong team, and building trust and rapport quickly. Ability to articulate vision and direction, communicate effectively, and manage and measure team performance and accountability is required.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives and result oriented: strong drive to improve business results and ability to make decisions, and a desire to execute flawlessly. Experience maintaining active relationships with customers and intermediaries at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Academic Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics. Graduate degree desirable.
- 12+ years of experience in the financial services industry. Experience in a management position in a sales, business development and/or client relationship role is essential .
- Expert level knowledge of key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.