AI Backend Engineer
JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. JPMC has made a strategic decision to fundamentally transform its operations through the adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning at scale. We are the AI Acceleration (AIX) team, a new group headquartered in Palo Alto, tasked with achieving this vision. We're hiring the best of the best from Silicon Valley to come join us. You will join the AI Engineering team and work alongside other leaders who have built and shipped AI and Machine Learning products at Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Salesforce. Responsibilities
- Architect, design, and build firm-wide AI platform to unlock JPMorgan's AI potential across all business lines for huge business impact.
- Design, build and integrate new AI platform functionalities such as data processing, model training, serving, deployment, explainability, and AutoML.
- Design and develop high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable software systems that are highly secure and cloud native.
- Evaluate various cloud technologies for big data and machine learning tasks, and architect and build platform features to incorporate these systems.
- Use excellent communication skills to collaborate and work with JPMC cloud and security experts.
- Build new packages and integrate various open source AI and ML libraries to enrich algorithms and functionalities in AI platform.
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Solid programming skills with C/C++, Java, Python or other equivalent languages.
- Strong software development skills in system architecture, implementation, testing, debugging and devops.
- Expertise with cloud technology and services: Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Expertise with at least one MVC framework to build web services.
- Familiarity in building an entire system platform.
- Knowledge in distributed system design and development.
- Familiarity in integrating security, encryption and authentication features into software applications during design and development.
- Knowledge in building ETL pipelines and machine learning workflows using Airflow and Argo.
- Self-motivation, great communication skills and team player.
- Major machine learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2, Pytorch, Keras, MXNet, Scikit-Learn.
- Familiar with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Kafka.
- General knowledge of machine learning platforms: SageMaker, Kubeflow, H2O.ai, FBLearner, Michelangelo.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today