AIM New Business Sales Rep - New York
Bloomberg AIM delivers global, multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations for buy-side firms. AIM is used by more than 14,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 900 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies. Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market - one that allows AIM clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment styles without disruption. What's the role?
As a key member of our Sales team, you'll be responsible for prospecting, generating new sales leads and growth through referrals, cold-calling and market research within your given client base. You'll work closely with prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships. You'll also play a role in influencing the direction of our products by providing feedback on user workflow demand, competitor intelligence, and market trends!
You'll need to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of the buy-side community, have understanding of the operational and trading activities of the fund, and have familiarity with the Portfolio Performance and Risk analytics/ Order management space. You will be a good listener too, and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients. Expect frequent travel to customer sites. We'll trust you to focus on these 3 core areas: 1) Revenue
- Manage the Enterprise sales engagement efficiently from beginning to end
- Use market, product and technical expertise to identify client problems to be solved
- Understand client needs, current workflows, proposed solutions, commercials and time lines to meet their goals
- Run the pre-sales pipeline efficiently, including requirements gathering, articulation of requirements, and the internal and external resource and people management
You'll demonstrate a depth of understanding and fluency in the following areas;
3) Pipeline Management
- The marketplace
- The Customer's business (who their customers are, their peers and developing trends to help them succeed)
- The Customer's technology stack, workflows, and internal structure (organizational chart, the decision making process and competing products)
- Match the features, solutions, and benefits of Bloomberg product offerings to their needs
- You'll also leverage this knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps and recommend solutions; to deliver on revenue-generating and adoption/usage goals
If this sounds like you:
- Establish and execute a pipeline target market strategy for achieving sales targets through the appropriate stages of the sales cycle (long, medium, short- term)
- Build relationships internally and across client organizations to ensure that all partners are managed appropriately as part of the sales process
- Balance engagements across the sales life-cycle to maintain desired pipeline levels for long, medium, and short-term sales
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.