Job Description The Analytic Data Management (ADM) Manager - PPIF/Sov role is responsible for leading and managing a diverse team of Financial Data Analysts (FDAs), Financial Data Specialists (FDSs) and Team Leaders (TLs) in support of the US PFG, PIF, Sov and Sub-SovRatings & Research (R&R) and Ratings & Research Support (RRS) functions. The Manager will direct workload to provide critical financial and operational data for ratings and research within the agreed upon timeframes and data quality. The Manager will also lead their team on operational projects key to supporting Moody's ratings and research. In addition, the Manager will work to attract, hire, develop, motivate and retain talented junior analytical staff.
The Manager will play a critical role in building relationships with our stakeholders in R&R and RRS. The Manager will also need to have a diverse skill set in order to lead the operations and engage and collaborate with other teams in Moody's such as Moody's Analytics, Moody's Information Technology (MIT), Human Resources (HR), Compliance, Business Planning and Outsourcers.
This is a critical role providing incumbents with management experience, extensive interaction with analysts and managers in R&R and the opportunity to shape RRS and the broader RRS/R&R relationship.
The Manager will also need to have a diverse skill set in order to lead the operations and engage and collaborate with other teams in Moody's such as Moody's Analytics, Moody's Information Technology (MIT), Human Resources (HR), Compliance, Business Planning and Outsourcers
- Operational management of the team including:
- Liaise with R&R and RRS to understand priorities
- Manage team's portfolio/workflow allocation and resource plan by re-balancing portfolios across deliverables and projects
- Collaborate with business partners supporting the operations (outsourcers, , other global managers, etc.) to use resources efficiently for delivery of data
- Manage and develop FDAs, FDSs and TLs by recruiting and retaining top talent
- Collaborate with HR talent advisers to source diverse talent
- Ensure FDAs complete training; continually improve training curriculum
- Provide ongoing formal and informal feedback to ensure development of team members
- Lead projects and processes critical to ratings and research
- Create and ensure maintenance of high quality data standards according to accuracy SLAs
- Recommend and implement process improvements, including QC processes
- Create and manage project plans with clear milestones, deadlines and communication plan
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Support outsourcers with process and accounting questions, training, and onboarding
- Work closely with IT to improve technology and databases
- 4-7 years of experience in operations, finance, accounting or financial statement analysis
- Experience/desire to manage and mentor a team of FDAs, FDS and TLs
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar field
- MBA, CFA or other advanced degree is desirable
- Aptitude to prioritize, focus and work independently, and to adapt when the unexpected occurs
- Must be results oriented and have strong problem solving skills
- Aptitude to work independently and to interact effectively with senior management
- Strong communication and relationship-management skills
- Basic operational and/or process knowledge and capacity planning
- Experience structuring and organizing projects with successful implementation and project management
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- SharePoint and/or BI tools
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and administrative skills
- Client focus
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.