50 Hudson Yard Program Manager - NYC
Description About this role BlackRock: What we do
At BlackRock, our smartest investment, is you. We are a global investment manager helping more and more people experience financial well-being! BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future!
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges. About Data & Infrastructure Operations
BlackRock's Data and Infrastructure Operations (D&IO) team provides employees with robust technology infrastructure and strategic workplace solutions to deliver a consistent employee experience around the world. D&IO consists of ------five teams, each aligned to support the firm's functions: Data & AI, Information Security, Technology Platforms, Enterprise Services and the D&IO COO Team.
The Enterprise Services (ES)
team comprises of five functions:
About this role
- Real Estate Portfolio Strategy & Management is responsible for managing the firm's corporate real estate portfolio
- Workplace Planning & Operations leads all aspects of operations within BlackRock facilities, space planning and manages the firm's corporate travel program
- Risk, Resilience and Response is responsible for corporate security business continuity / disaster recovery, crisis management and health and safety
- Executive Operations leads the firm's corporate aviation program, executive protection and providing technology support to key executives
- The COO function partners across Enterprise Services leadership to drive the strategy and execution of ES initiatives
The Enterprise Services team is forming a Project Management Office to lead and complete our highest priority projects while instilling a project management mentality and culture across our team. You are joining this team to see our preeminent project through to completion - the build out of our new BlackRock Headquarters in Hudson Yards, New York.
BlackRock is less than a year away from occupying our state-of-the art global Headquarters. While our design teams have been hard at work crafting the interiors and our functional teams have been putting together their operational plans, as our 50HY Project Coordinator, you will be the glue between our ES functions, Technology and the 50HY Project Team to handle the mobilization of our HQ. You will turn functional plans (sourcing, security, front of house, events, move, technology support, networking etc) into a succinct overarching program, tracking interdependencies and providing greater clarity and insights into progress, risks, and delays. You will use your prior experience and attention to detail to not only drive project delivery against the program but also identify what is missing, connecting the dots where needed, keeping project teams focused and communicating both across the program teams and up to senior leadership.
You are a master at driving the performance of others, be it on your team, external vendors or project leads who are dotted lined into you for this program. You work best on fast-paced programs, navigating through change and working in a sophisticated environment where outcomes will always outweigh reporting lines. You partner effectively with senior leaders, external vendors and junior project mangers alike knowing how to flex based on the need and your audience. Key Responsibilities
- Define and deliver the Enterprise Services Hudson Yards Program: provide your program, project and organizational change expertise to coordinate and craft our final stage our of Enterprise Services Hudson Yards program
- Collate all the in flight projects / workstreams into a succinct Enterprise Services Program with a focus on the interdependencies, gaps and risk
- Establish governance for reporting, communication, risk management and escalation
- Use of project management tools to drive program transparency and real-time updates
- Partner beyond Enterprise Services: Collaborate with Technology, Human Resources, Marketing, Communication, Sourcing and the core 50HY project teams to drive cross functional collaboration
- Support development of program communication materials and establish cadence to advise cross-functional teams and project sponsors / senior leaders on progress, roadmaps and key deliverables
- Support the transition from program management to BAU with clear handoff and transition plans
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V. Our benefits
- 10+ year of relevant experience running large scale strategic programs and initiatives ideally with a workplace strategy or workplace operations background, preferably with a headquarters transformation project.
- Significant complex/cross-functional program and project management experience
- Program Management Professional certification desired
- Strong written and verbal communication required, especially with senior management
- Proven ability to build effective partnerships
- Proven ability to think strategically and focus on business growth
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.