Morgan Stanley's Global Capital Markets division offers a 10-week program that takes place at Morgan Stanley's headquarters in New York. The program includes opportunity to be placed on one of our desks within Global Capital Markets (GCM), which could include: Equity Capital Markets, Fixed Income Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Securitized Products Capital Markets, Liability Management, or Strategic Lending Group; a training and orientation with a variety of presentations, coursework, and exercises with experts and industry leaders; a formal mentorship program to aid in your development and provide greater exposure to GCM.
The summer program includes, but is not limited to, engagement with senior leadership, lunch & learn sessions, regular networking events, and interaction with other businesses across the Firm, a market driven environment with an open trading floor where you are closely integrated with your team, a flat structure experience that will provide you with a high level of responsibility early in your career.
Morgan Stanley prides itself on fostering an environment that promotes diverse talents and perspectives. One way we demonstrate our commitment to diversity is through the Sophomore Summer Program. This program is an integral part of our diversity recruiting efforts helping to attract historically underrepresented groups in the financial services industry. Program Overview
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Qualifications & Skills
- Work with our clients on complex, innovative financing, and risk management solutions
- Learn how to read complex financial models and understand basic multiples such as P/E and Aggregate Value/EBITDA
- Learn how equity deals are priced and play an active role in the origination and execution of transactions, while working closely with your Corporate Finance counterparts in Investment Banking
- Help prepare materials to provide clients with valuable updates on market news and trends and how these affect their access to the debt capital markets
- Work with our trading and syndicate desks on rate views, product management and deal execution; build and run complex financial models
- Analyze and create, for both corporate and financial sponsors, various financing alternatives in the context of debt and/or loan financing, leveraged buyouts and acquisition financings
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree and will graduate between December 2025 and Spring 2026
- Basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- A great multi-tasker, possess a strong work ethic, and have a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A quick learner, both a leader and team player, and a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Expected base pay rate for the role will be $36.05 USD per hour at the commencement of employment. However, base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include discretionary bonuses and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until September 2023, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as they feel ready to do so, as interviews may begin before the application deadline.