We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2023 Summer Internship - Account Analyst, Global Wealth Management Strategic Accounts, US
Positions are located in PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters and New York, NY.
See yourself in U.S Global Wealth Management
The GWM Strategic Accounts team serves a unique and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of servicing PIMCO's largest intermediary clients (i.e. national and regional broker-dealers, banks, platforms, etc.). The individuals that make up this team work within the broader Strategic Accounts group to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to clients. The primary responsibility of analysts are to work alongside associates and account managers as part of dedicated relationship teams and understand and maintain a working knowledge of firm platforms, manager evaluation process, firm initiatives and investment trends, as well as to gather, analyze, and discuss economic and fixed income trends, evaluate portfolio structures and strategies, and deliver performance attribution analyses. In addition to client servicing responsibilities, many members of the group participate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program through the CFA Institute, CIMA, CAIA or other relevant financial designation. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready . What to expect during the interview process:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview .
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You'll excel as a Global Wealth Management Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2023 - June 2025
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Show strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Have the ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Possess the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships and interest in client facing career within Finance
- Are personable, ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have the ability to multi-task and handle several projects delivering completed work within expected timeline
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- have Finance/capital markets coursework (recommended, not required)