2022 Summer Internship-Client Operations Associate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Internship positions are located at PIMCO's headquarters in Newport Beach as well as in Austin, TX See yourself as a Client Operations Associate:
You'll serve as a central operational liaison that focuses on the reporting process and inquiries to help create a better client experience utilizing modern tools and technology.
You'll work cross-functionally to understand client needs, translate them into meaningful plans, and execute accordingly to mitigate risk and build efficiency. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
Applications open October 29, 2021. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment. For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as an Excel assessment.
What we look for in a Summer Intern:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 - June 2023.
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English.
- Can collaborate and contribute to operations-related projects that enhance communications, optimize and automate reports, and create operational efficiency
- Are entrepreneurial, proactive about problem-solving, and enjoy working with data and technology
- Exhibit the following skills sets: being process minded, organized, client driven, and detail oriented while utilizing strong presentation skills
- Have a strong interest in operations and the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Are able to articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and attention to detail, ensuring that work is delivered completely, accurately and on time
- Are personable, with the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Are great at using Excel, along with having some programming skills (recommended SQL and/or Python)
- Have undertaken finance/capital markets coursework (recommended)