2022 Summer Intern - Marketing Analyst, US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters OR Austin, TX. See yourself as a Marketing Analyst:
You'll partner with Client Management, Product Strategy, the Executive Office and other areas of the business to build client servicing, marketing, educational content and campaigns for institutional and retail audiences.
You'll contribute to the strategic design and development of marketing programs that consistently reflect PIMCO's brand and client service standards. Additionally, you'll collect and analyze marketing data sets to better understand client behavior and preferences as well as the efficacy of marketing activity. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
Applications open July 1, 2021. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment. For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as an Excel assessment.
You'll excel as a Marketing Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 - June 2023
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Are proficient in collecting and analyzing marketing data
- Have a strong interest in marketing and the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Are familiar with marketing technologies across content management, advertising, email, experience optimization, social media, search engine optimization and data analysis
- Are able to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and attention to detail, ensuring that work is delivered completely, accurately and on time
- Are personable, with the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Are great at using Excel and Adobe, along with having some programming skills (i.e. SQL)
- Have undertaken finance/capital markets coursework (recommended)