2022 Summer Intern - Human Resources Analyst, US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Austin, TX office, New York City office, OR Newport Beach, CA office.
See yourself as a Human Resource Analyst:
The Human Resource group delivers a premium experience to PIMCO employees and potential future employees. Along with providing solutions to a dynamic range of HR inquiries, the team creates a positive and impactful experience for candidates, partners with subject matter experts around the world to drive adoption of HR technologies and consistent global operational excellence through delivery and execution. Within this set-up, you will have the opportunity to identify top talent and impact the future of PIMCO, help inspire change, improve employee engagement, and deliver a premium HR experience.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
How you should apply:
Applications open November 17. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as an Excel assessment.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 - June 2023
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
You'll excel as an HR Analyst if you:
- Provide support to various areas of the Human Resource group within PIMCO including but not limited to Talent Acquisition and Global People Services (GPS)
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Develop knowledge within our applicant tracking system to support new and existing recruiting strategies
- Provide inquiry related data and insights on themes to improve the employee experience
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and projects related to our team's inclusion and diversity or HR optimization efforts
- Show commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that work is complete, accurate and on time
- Show strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communications
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment