2022 START Technology Intern Program - Developer Track
Student Technology, Agile & Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T) Program
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon's innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
• Meaningful and challenging work assignments;
• Networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders and executives;
• Exposure to different areas of business;
• Professional Learning Opportunities;
• Problem-solving, communications, time management, and leadership training
• Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training; and
• Understanding of BNY Mellon's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Program At A Glance:
• 10-week (U.S.) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon* that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
• Orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum; plus
• Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
Potential Program Locations:
• US: Pittsburgh, PA * New York, NY * Jersey City, NJ
• Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
• Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities and build networks across the organization;
• Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts;
• Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry;
• Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Operations Campus Analyst Program (OCAP) and Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P).
S.T.A.R.T aims to create a pipeline of talent to feed entry-level pipeline program and entry-level full-time position hiring needs. Upon successful completion of the program as well as overall performance and business need, there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our S.T.A.R.T interns may apply for, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Operations Campus Analyst Program (OCAP) and Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) and full-time direct hire roles.
Developer Primary Responsibilities:
• Provides application software development services or technical support in relatively straightforward projects. Understands and follows the Software Development Life Cycle. Prepares and executes test plan and test data and records test results.
• According to standard procedures writes new programs, working with basic application system designs and specifications and utilizing standard procedures and techniques. May create database queries used to retrieve data from data warehouse and performs data calculations, consolidation, and summarization. May also work on front end development. Creates additional logic leveraging standard report writer functions or application coding. Formats report output according to standard procedures
• Designs and codes programs. Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs as necessary. Documents installation and operating procedures.
• Independently codes and then interfaces with senior level developers/architects to code, test and implement application programs
• Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
• Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate (U.S.) degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors
• Rising junior or senior (U.S.) graduating in Dec 2022 or May 2023
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (U.S.)
• Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Does not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where applying BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.