2022 Investment Banking Summer Associate Program (Real Estate)
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking. We are one of the top firms in mergers & acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure. Role and Responsibilities
Summer Associates in the Real Estate Banking Group work exclusively in that practice which covers a diverse set of REITs, commercial property/lodging companies, developers and real estate private equity fund managers. The Real Estate Banking group operates as a global team involved in sourcing and executing a broad range of public and private capital markets and M&A/strategic advisory transactions. The group executes all its own M&A/advisory transactions, without the use of generalist M&A professionals, which provides team members with the opportunity to develop strong analytical and technical skills and to gain significant transaction execution experience. Summer Associates have the opportunity to work on all transaction types with significant exposure to senior investment bankers in the group.
Qualifications and Skills
- Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions.
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner
- You are an MBA or a J.D. student graduating between December 2022 and June 2023.
- You have at least two to three years of work experience (preferred).
- You can manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis, and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- You have excellent analytical and decision-making abilities