2022 Fixed Income Research Summer Analyst Program (New York)
Placement and Duration
The Fixed Income Research Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of classroom training, followed by multiple rotations. Summer Analysts may rotate on various Fixed Income Research desks including Corporate Credit, Interest Rates, Emerging Markets, Foreign Exchange, Municipal Credit and Securitized Credit. Summer Analysts receive on-the-job training, benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects, and build their skillsets in a dynamic and evolving environment. In addition, the program features a Senior Management Speaker Series, desk teach-ins, networking events, community service, performance reviews, and a robust mentorship program.
Summer Analysts begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm's businesses and learn what it's like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley. Fixed Income Research Summer Analysts then attend both Research and Sales & Trading division-specific training where they learn core skills essential for success. The curriculum includes daily market updates, business-specific overviews, and basic product and technical training.
- Develop investment recommendations on Fixed Income Securities through the study of market fundamentals and technical research.
- Helping develop models to identify short term asset-class disconnects in real time.
- Working on longer-term asset allocation challenges (e.g. the optimal way to generate a 3% return over inflation).
- Assisting with the day-to-day production of our research content.
- Analysts will be given a specific project during each rotation focusing on anything from developing and pitching a trade idea to creating new valuation and trading models. The project will be presented to the research team at the end of each rotation.
- You are pursuing an undergraduate degree or a Master's degree with a graduation date of December 2022 or Spring 2023.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance and markets.
- Strong work ethic, collaborative, ability to multi-task.
- Adaptable, versatile, and analytical.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.