2022 Bank Resource Management Summer Analyst Program (New York)
The Bank Resource Management (BRM) Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program, beginning with one week of classroom training followed by nine weeks of rotations across the BRM business. Summer Analysts will rotate through our Equity Securities Lending, Fixed Income Repo Trading, Derivatives XVA Trading and Clearing and Collateral Strategy & Optimization (CCSO) areas. The Program features a senior management speaker series, networking events, community service, a performance review and a mentorship program. Summer Analysts receive continued on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects. In addition to daily responsibilities on the sales and trading desks, Summer Analysts will be assigned a summer-long project, which is presented to management at the end of the summer.
Summer Analysts begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm's businesses and learn what it is like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley. BRM Summer Analysts then attend Sales and Trading division-specific training, accompanied by an additional BRM-focused training day, teaching them core skills essential for a successful summer. The curriculum includes daily market updates, business-specific overviews and basic product and technical training.
• Equity Securities Lending Trading (US and Global Markets): Borrow securities from the world's largest lending institutions and assist in lending functions to our hedge fund clients.
• Client Financing Repo Trading: Assist the team in providing liquidity to clients in fixed income products, and analyzing market rates and economic drivers, such as the Fed's Reverse Repo facility.
• Secured Funding: Learn how Morgan Stanley uses Repo and Stock Loan products to finance the Firm. Understand the Firm's secured funding framework and governance and assist traders in executing secured funding trades within this framework.
• BRM Equity and Fixed Income Sales and Marketing: Evaluate client portfolios and perform analysis on business opportunities.
• Clearing and Collateral Strategy & Optimization (CCSO): Quote/validate initial margin on new OTC trades and analyze historical data to ensure risk is adequately covered.
• Strategy: Learn about current BRM and Firm strategic initiatives and help pursue current strategies. Includes understanding of balance sheet management, risk controls around all of BRM's business units, management of capital and client analytics.
• XVA Trading: Price and manage counterparty credit, funding and collateral risks from new and legacy transactions facing FID counterparties.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
• You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor's or Master's degree with a graduation date of December 2022 or Spring 2023.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA.
• You have basic knowledge and a keen interest in finance.
• You are analytical, adaptive, collaborative, a leader, and a multi-tasker.
• You possess strong oral and written communication skills.