2022 Americas Investment Bank Corporate Insights New York Full-Time Associate Program
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Credit Suisse Corporate Insights Group
(CIG) helps clients of Credit Suisse Investment Bank make better decisions to improve value-creation by providing market driven and meaningful strategic insights via differentiated analytical frameworks. CIG is an integral part of how Credit Suisse's Investment Bank guide its corporate clients globally:
Your field of responsibility
- The team helps our corporate clients' link corporate operating performance to market reactions and to make better strategic solutions to improve shareholder value.
- CIG authors the Credit Suisse Corporate Insights periodical, a series of papers that provide perspectives on the challenges our clients face ( www.credit-suisse.com/corporateinsights )
Your future colleagues
- Responsibilities of the team's new associate hire include using proprietary corporate finance frameworks - including the HOLT Valuation framework - in regards to buy- or sell-side M&A, equity offerings (including IPOs), or strategic plan evaluations.
- You will coordinate with senior coverage bankers to develop innovative solutions for corporate clients of the Investment Bank.
- Engage in financial modelling and empirical studies regarding corporate finance and strategy in the context of Investment Bank business.
- Build a network of colleagues both inside and outside Credit Suisse that will strengthen your career throughout your professional life.
- You will work alongside some of the industry's best bankers and have exposure to senior people at a diverse set of companies, in multiple industries, in the Americas, Europe and Asia
The team works with Investment Banking industry, product and country coverage partners to guide the senior executives of Investment Banking's corporate clients regarding the key drivers of their companies' market value. With that perspective, CIG advises on what actions our clients may take to deliver outstanding returns to shareholders in areas including capital allocation strategy, M&A (buy-side and sell-side) and Equity offerings / IPOs. You Offer Your skills and experience
Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities -those who are highly motivated, creative, have shown academic achievement, and be able to work independently and as a member of a team. A successful candidate should have strong accounting and corporate finance experience, and a minimum of 3 years in Investment Banking, Consulting, Securities Research, or similar.
- Bachelor's degree & MBA from a top tier university
- CFA preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an intensely collaborative team
- Capability to work in a client-facing, results-oriented, fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail and well-organized work habits
- Working knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP as well as IFRS)
- A strong understanding and a keen interest in corporate valuation work and corporate performance analysis
- Experience working with company-internal management accounts and financial models, including bridging reported financials to adjusted management numbers
- Excellent information tech skills; advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is a must and will be tested
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.