2022 AlphaWise Summer Analyst Program (New York)
The AlphaWise Summer Program is an intensive 10-week program that provides Summer Analysts and Associates the opportunity to work alongside full time professionals on impactful, quantitative projects. Summer Analysts and Associates will work within an assigned team for the entirety of the program. This team is one of the financial industry's dominant thought leaders in equity and fixed-income investing and is a vital link between the Firm's varied business divisions.
The Summer Analyst Program begins with a training and development curriculum that covers the fundamental and professional skills you need to be successful in the program. After a brief training period, Summer Analyst and Associates will be assigned to a specific industry group, building a strong foundation in the basic skills of fundamental analysis, accounting and valuation. There will be networking opportunities and ongoing training throughout the program.
AlphaWise is leading the charge on data and analytics inResearch. Given the growing strategic importance of data, they serve as a key enabler to both the "Offense" (generating new commercial opportunities) and "Defense" (ensuring proper data use and risk management). Further, AlphaWise provides valuable insights on market-moving events to the firm's traders and their clients.
- Explore and analyze data related to Research projects
- Co-create and document efforts which could come in the form of models, analytics or insights
- Partner with other firm stakeholders (technology, sales, other data teams) to create new Research products and services
- Actively source new ideas and collaborate with other research teams
- Partner closely with sales and marketing, providing quant proof statements to internal and external clients
- Analyze trends to identify industry key performance indicator, predict stock returns, and track company specific risks
- Update and build financial models on the companies and sector you follow
- Explore and evaluate alternative data to gain insights into new alpha
- Pursing and advanced degree in quantitative field such as: statistics, computer science, engineering, mathematics, finance or accounting
Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Programming skills (Q/kdb, Python, C/C++, R, Matlab, R, JAVA), preferred but not required
- Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, D3), preferred but not required
- Experiences in statistical modeling, time series analysis and machine learning, preferred but not required
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to decompose complex problems into manageable pieces
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team oriented and ability to collaborate with a range of functional teams
- Knowledge in equity factor model and fundamental research, preferred but not required