2021 Sustainability, Research & Investment Solutions Summer Associate Program - Equity Research
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
If you're a dynamic, intellectually curious MBA student looking for a valuable introduction to equity research, the Summer Associate Program is for you. Credit Suisse Equity Research offers a 10-week summer program where students gain an in-depth understanding of equity valuation and the overall investment process. During your summer with us, you will spend one week in training then work with one of our Senior Research Analysts on a two to five member team for the remainder of the summer.
Our Senior Research Analysts not only produce differentiated research, but also have a strong focus on sales, marketing and client service. By working closely with a sector team, you will develop a well-rounded transferable skill set, including both quantitative and qualitative skills. You will also have exposure to other divisions at Credit Suisse, including the global sales force, equity traders, and institutional clients.
Throughout the summer, you may work on projects involving financial analysis and investigative research. Equity Research Summer Associates also have the opportunity to learn financial modeling and forecasting skills and help produce creative and comprehensive research reports. As an essential member of the team you will learn to develop creative insights into industries and companies, present convincingly and confidently about the sector and companies, understand the priorities of the franchise and bring your own ideas and thoughts to the table.
In order to fully understand Equity Research's role at Credit Suisse, every summer Associate will have the opportunity to network within Global Markets. In addition to your day-to-day responsibilities, you'll be assigned an industry-specific project to work on throughout the summer. Program Highlights
- A one-day company orientation followed by one week of training, including a capital markets overview, modeling/valuation review and a research product overview
- Continued learning and development through placement on a specific Equity Research team, where you'll receive further training throughout the summer
- A summer speaker series, where you'll hear from senior employees across the divisions
- Mentorship from a senior-level mentor, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of each of these types of opportunities.
Applicants should have completed one year of an MBA Program or (graduating in December 2021 or May/June 2022). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities. We're looking for
- A leader who engenders loyalty, shows dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build enduring relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- A principled individual committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Please apply via our career portal by December 21, 2020.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.