2021 Risk and Compliance Summer Analyst Internship in New York
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Description
Part of the focus within the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer (CRCO) Function is to drive strategic and sustainable returns on risk that reflect the Risk Appetite of the bank.
- Monitor and Challenge known risks while also illuminating unknown risks.
- Allow pre-emptive and dynamic management of risks by better connecting the dots and being forward-looking and externally aware.
- Drive and apply advanced capabilities to make risks transparent and serve as a complementary and insightful partner to the business.
- Support the firm strategy by ensuring that risk-based returns are appropriate.
- Be known for a dynamic, engaged and collaborative culture.
- Drive the continuous enhancement and efficiency improvement of risk-related systems and infrastructure.
We are continuously strengthening the CRCO function by attracting, developing and retaining top talents and fostering continuous learning throughout the organization. You will learn how to hone your skills and apply them in a dynamic, risk oriented environment as part of a project team or by contributing to one of our many risk and compliance functions. Training & Program Description
Shape your and the CRCO Function's future by applying to the Summer Analyst Program at Credit Suisse.
You will attend a one-day company orientation followed by two days of training and then start work in your group for the summer, receiving further training while on the job. Your learning experience will continue through the summer speaker series, where you'll hear from senior management across the divisions. To help you determine your strengths and plan your career, Summer Analysts are matched with mentors within CRCO, who provide advice and guidance throughout the summer. You will also participate in networking events and firm-wide events that will help ensure that you are exposed to all the areas within the bank and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. You will be tasked with an end of summer presentation for senior management to help expand your knowledge and develop presentation skills. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, social and philanthropy events as well as networking opportunities. Our Summer Analyst Program: What We Offer
You Offer Qualifications
- Train in a comprehensive, ten week program
- Develop specialist knowledge while enjoying a risk and firm-wide perspective
- Learn how to deliver reliable and transparent information to our stakeholders and how to optimize the use of risk resources
- Learn from the experience of our highly regarded in-house professionals who apply industry knowledge to our Credit Suisse environment
- Network and form relationships across a global organization
To apply for this summer analyst role, you are between your junior and senior years at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2021 or May/June 2022). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks Interns with a common set of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have confirmed academic achievement, and have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We’ll be looking at factors such as your academic background, extra-curricular activities, demonstrated abilities, as well as your potential to add to our community. We seek to build future leaders who add fresh opinions to our business.
At Credit Suisse, we are looking for candidates who can grow and evolve to be the future leaders of our firm. What We’re Looking For
- Passionate about learning more about risk measurement and management
- You are client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
- A critical problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who is able to envision long-term goals and ways to attain them
- A motivating and adaptable team member who can build enduring relationships, exhibits dedication, and assumes responsibility
- A strong communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Analytical and logical, with raw intellectual ability
- For some roles, prior knowledge of VBA, SQL, R, or Python would be a significant asset
- Seeking for a career in banking and risk management
- Prior internships in financial services would be a plus
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.