2021 Americas Investment Bank (Sales & Trading) Summer Analyst Program
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Program Description
Credit Suisse Sales & Trading offers a robust 10-week cross-functional summer program for rising seniors passionate about Global Markets. During your summer with us, you will spend one week in training, followed by three, three-week rotations throughout various desks within Global Markets.
Our Equities business engages in a broad range of activities for clients. Activities include sales, trading, financing, prime brokerage services and market-making in global equity and equity-related securities, options, futures, risk management and hedging products. Our activities cover both exchange-traded and over-the-counter traded securities, including American Depositary Receipts, restricted stocks, equity repurchases, block trade executions, program trading executions, equity derivatives and convertible securities. The Equity desks that interns rotate with include Advanced Executions Services, Convertibles, Derivatives, Cash Trading, Portfolio Sales, Prime Services and Program Trading.
Our Fixed Income business incorporates underwriting, research, and sales and trading of instruments which span the spectrum including government and corporate bonds, money markets, foreign exchange, real estate-related assets and derivative products. Our capabilities range from staging "plain vanilla" financings to delivering advice on liability management, structured finance, and hedging and derivatives. The Fixed Income desks that interns rotate with include Investment Grade Credit, High Yield, Leverage Loans/Capital Markets, Securitized Products, Global Macro Products and Asset Finance. By rotating across Global Markets, you will become familiar with the sales and trading arena as well as the overall investment process, gaining a broad and dynamic view of several potential career paths. Program highlights
The program is structured to ensure a balance of work, training, networking, and mentorship.
- A one-day company orientation followed by one week of training, including a capital markets overview, desk overviews, and the opportunity to meet with traders, salespeople, strategists and structurers from the various product areas
- Continued learning and development through three desk placements over the remaining nine weeks, where you'll receive further training
- A summer speaker series, where you'll hear from senior employees across the divisions
- Mentorship opportunities to help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of each of these types of opportunities.
Analyst offers will be announced after the program to individuals identified as outstanding performers. You Offer
Applicants should be between their junior and senior years at a four-year college or university during this program (graduating in December 2021 or May/June 2022). We are noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities. What we're looking for
- A leader who engenders loyalty, exhibits dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- A motivating and adaptable team member who can build enduring relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- A principled individual committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Please apply via our career portal before the application deadline 30 September, 2020.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.