2021 Americas Global Markets Summer Analyst Program - Securitized Products
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Program Description
The Credit Suisse Global Markets Division offers a 10-week summer program in Securitized Products Finance. You will spend one week in training, followed by nine weeks in SP Finance.
The SP Finance team is responsible for the global origination, structuring and execution of all primary Asset Backed Securitization offerings. Other responsibilities include providing warehouse and repo facilities, asset valuation, portfolio strategy/ALM, M&A advisory and asset disposition services to our clients. The group covers many different asset types including autos, credit cards, student loans, aircraft, railcar, timeshare, triple-net lease, drug royalty, music royalties, insurance products, residential and commercial real estate mortgage products, equipment, intellectual property, small business loans, etc.
- Work in a team oriented environment within SP Finance as well as with other teams within Securitized Products - Trading, Sales and Research
- Liaise with divisions and groups outside of Fixed Income such as Investment Banking & Capital Markets, Alternative Investments, M&A and Financial Institutions Group to assist in securitization, valuation or disposition services
- Exposure to all stages of an ABS transaction including pitching, structuring, negotiation, execution, and closing of securitization
- Analyze different structuring alternatives and help advise clients on a solution(s)
- Develop marketing materials related to securitization offerings for banking, trading, sales forces, and investors
- Multi-task across different projects/asset classes
- Monitor and analyze ABS market conditions and provide weekly feedback
- Help analyze credit and underwriter risk in an effort to gain internal approval for a transaction
- A one-day company orientation followed by one week of training, including a capital markets overview, desk overviews, and the opportunity to meet with traders, salespeople, strategists and structurers from the various product areas
- A summer speaker series, where you'll hear from senior employees across the divisions
- Mentorship from a junior- and senior-level mentor, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of each of these types of opportunities.
Applicants to this summer analyst role should be between their junior and senior years at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2021 or May/June 2022). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities. What we're looking for
- A leader who engenders loyalty, exhibits dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build enduring relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- A principled individual committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Please apply via our career portal before the application deadline 30 September, 2020.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.