2020 Summer Intern - Client Data Science, US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2020 Summer Internship - Client Data Science Analyst, US Positions are located in New York, NY (preferred) with possibility of Newport Beach, CA. Client Data Science
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers. PIMCO partners with a wide range of institutions, including corporations, central banks, universities, endowments and foundations, and public and private pension and retirement plans. In addition we work with financial advisors and millions of individual investors pursuing personal financial goals, from preparing for retirement to funding higher education. Investing our clients' assets is a tremendous responsibility, and for that reason there can be no shortcuts. We work relentlessly to help these investors reach their goals.
Contributing to that mission, the Client Data Science team works with PIMCO's sales and marketing functions to use client data to generate powerful insights into investor behavior, leading to efficiency and effectiveness in client interactions.
Summer interns will enjoy working with a dynamic, global, growing market leader in a small fun group. You'll have a high level of exposure to the investment management business and will enjoy working with cutting edge technologies on new solutions. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship! Summer Internship Program Details:
Beyond the Internship:
- Starts in early June, 10 weeks in length
- Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training at our Newport Beach headquarters
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Opportunity to participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering
- Formal mentorship program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
Application & Interview Process:
- The intention of our summer internship program is to extend full-time offers to successful interns.
- PIMCO Early Career Development Program is for junior employees at the Analyst, Associate and new MBA levels. The program's objective is to develop top talent with a focus on career development, mobility and employee engagement.
Applications open August 23, 2019.
- We will review summer internship applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply as early as possible as job postings will close as positions are filled.
- Submit your resume, cover letter, & unofficial transcript thorugh the PIMCO Careers Portal at www.PIMCO.com/careers
- You must indicate your geographic location preference in your cover letter or resume.
- Candidates who are selected during resume review will be asked to complete either a phone or video interview. Those selected following this stage will be asked to attend an onsite interview at one of our US office locations.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers Position Requirements: Requirements:
Positions are located in New York, NY (preferred) with possibility of Newport Beach, CA Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Master's students with an expected graduation date of Dec 2020 - June 2021
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Studying for a Master of Science degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience preparing large data sets from multiple sources. Able to query relational data sets using SQL.
- Strong problem solving skills, and the learning agility to adapt to new challenges
- Self-confidence and communication skills to actively build strong relationships
- A solid foundation in Python programming
- Interest in working in a data science role in the financial services industry
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment