2018 THRE Summer Intern
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
2018 THRE Summer Intern
Overview of the Role Are you an insightful person who thinks about how the world may change with megatrends like technology, climate change and urbanization? Are you interested in influencing the investment strategies of a leading global real estate investment manager? Are you looking for an internship experience in a dynamic environment? If so, you may be interested in the TH Real Estate Research & Development Challenge and Internship program.
During a 10 week summer internship, you will work with our market-leading Research team to assess the impacts of different structural trends on the real estate investment industry and develop their application to the business. You will also support the Product Solutions team in developing and meeting the strategic objectives of the business and gain exposure to the wider TH Real Estate business, including portfolio management, advisory services team and senior management.
The role requires an ambitious, motivated self-starter, to assist in growing the Products business, and help establish a high performance team culture and workplace.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Typical Intern related responsibilities and tasks may include:
- Research and analysis of industry trends, competitors and product characteristics to support product development activities
- Preparation of detailed product presentations, proposals and recommendations
- Responding to inquiries from external business partners, as well as business partners across the organization
- Supporting both the Advisory Services and Global Advisory Services teams with timely investment and performance information and analysis to support products on platform
- Ability to model in Excel
- Work closely with the Marketing team to develop product support materials and sales ideas
- Ensure that the investment stories for assigned products are presented consistently and that the products are properly positioned across all customer touch points
- Help define, build the business case, prioritize and help execute product initiatives
- Screen, evaluate, and help execute on new product, new business, M&A and partnership opportunities that align with the overall THRE strategy
- Participate in and evaluate growth opportunities through cross-business unit initiatives with other TIAA business units, including Nuveen affiliates, Institutional Financial Services, and Retail Financial Services
- Participate and contribute to pipeline discussions and teleconferences as required
- Develop and manage detailed project plans in support of product development and product enhancement initiatives
- Lead diverse cross-functional teams including representatives from portfolio management, legal, compliance, fund administration, finance, Advisory Services and marketing in executing product initiatives
- Interest in or a basic understanding of investment markets
- Strong communication, word, excel and PowerPoint skills
- Financially astute, well-structured and analytical
- Analytical with sound business judgment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to create and run detailed financial analysis for real estate investment
- Ability to operate across business functionalities and regions if and when required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills , with a proven ability to set and work to priorities and deadlines
- An ability to work independently and proactively in a small team for the greater good of TH Real Estate
- A strong sense of 'team' and a strong focus on client/investor requirements
- Obvious enjoyment, involvement, achievement and personal satisfaction in the role
- Act in line with TH Real Estate's Company Values
Number of Vacancies- 2
Start Date - June 4, 2018
- You are required to submit a proposal for an application of one or more megatrends to an alternative sector in real estate, along with your resume and application form. You may consider how the megatrend(s) will change occupiers' and investors' need from real estate, and where and which alternative asset type the new investment will be
- Submission can be in any format (written, audio or video). The only requirement is that it does not exceed a word limit of 500 words (irrespective of format, for a video this is no more than 3 minutes).
- Please apply by submitting your CV, alternative sector proposal and the application form provided on our website: http://www.threalestate.com/internship
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.