Surveillance Analyst 1
- Melville, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 20 Oct 18
Surveillance Analyst 1
The primary purpose of this position is to review and analyze account activity for possible money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud using various methods, such as (but not limited to) an automated AML monitoring system, analytic reports, notification from other banking personnel and transactional testing. The incumbent will also have responsibilities associated with OFAC and FinCEN analysis and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Conduct in-depth research into customer accounts, properly document findings and communicate with account officers requesting information to ascertain if activity is reasonable with the purpose of account.
* Thoroughly document findings by preparing reports in a manner that is clear and comprehensible to BSA supervisors/managers, internal auditors and regulatory examiners.
* Review due diligence reports to understand customer risk on a holistic basis
* Review information provided for Commercial, Residential and Consumer loans for possible OFAC risk, as well as wire transfers to ascertain BSA impact.
* Review OFAC alerts; prepare and file reports with OFAC as required.
* Review and analyze bi-monthly FinCEN 314(a) issued lists for possible matches within the Bank's database, wire activity and monetary instrument data.
* Report all findings to team leader and manager.
* Review and, if necessary, prepare Currency Transaction Reports.
* Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying accounts that require further investigation and taking action to obtain the information required.
* Perform any other assignments as directed by manager.
* Participate in all team meetings and adhere to workflow deadlines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with the representative knowledge, skill and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* College degree preferred.
* 3-5 years relevant experience in banking or 1-3 years direct BSA/AML compliance experience.