Business Banking Loan Processor
- Melville, NY, USA Melville NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Business Banking Loan Processor
SUMMARY: This position coordinates various functions across the Business Banking. In overview, the role function encompasses initial loan application investigations and related reporting, approved loan pre-closing function management, conditional approval and/or closing coordination, post-closing function management, and credit file creation, monitoring and oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned:
* Primarily responsible for application process flow and support for underwriting teams, pre-closing conditions and post-closing Quality Control ("QC"). Primarily utilizing the Business Banking loan origination system ensuring all loan applications conform to Bank Policy and Procedures.
* Performs review of loan application packages for proper segmentation and underwriter assignment with Credit Officer guidance. Determine relationship exposure via internal bank systems, financial information and other supporting documentation per approved formats and checklists. Track the status of applications in order to maintain compliance with Regulation B.
* Determines appropriate level of required documents for loan applications, identifies missing documents, incomplete applications and assist with any inquiries.
* Follows procedures and guidelines for required investigative searches, consumer reports, business searches, OFAC and performs all necessary due diligence checks in accordance with Bank and regulatory requirements. Initial assessment/analysis are performed for potential elevation to senior management as appropriate.
* Confirm and validate all loan and decision data upon receipt of final status and work with Bankers to collect conditional items required prior to booking.
* Documents declines/withdrawals and ensures required regulatory information is contained in files.
* Able to meet turn-time and accuracy requirements while supporting a consistent process.
* Performs additional accountabilities as department expands. Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.
* Maintains physical possession of original loan files for assigned divisions and/or subsidiaries. Working within the file log software (as available) to maintain a current list of files. Direct interaction with both internal and external auditors upon their request.
* Maintains files/scans documents in respective files and ensures that all files are in order upon return from other employees.
* Follows process for new file creation, as relevant.
* Upon commencement will lead imaging, creation standards, Commercial bank-wide (Project Management with IT already in place).
* Has direct interaction with Senior Credit Officers & Internal Audit/Loan Review/Risk Management Officers to address all discrepancies noted through their own analysis/reviews.
* Completes the Post-Closing Review Process as well as assists in follow-up for all Post-Closing Documentation items and ticklers for assigned divisions in support of the Loan Administration group.
* Provides back-up support to all projects in Business Banking, Small Business or SBF, at the direction of senior management.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* May provide mentoring and/or training to lower level Process Administrators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Business Banking Loan Processor : High School Diploma. Previous experience in lending environment is required. Senior Business Banking Loan Processor: In addition to the above, the employee will also provide training to lower level staffing and new employees, should have diverse experience in banking across lending divisions and/or at least 5 years of relevant work experience.