VP Sanctions Compliance Officer
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
My client, a top tier foreign financial services / banking company are looking to recruit a Sanctions Compliance Officer to join the team in Manhattan.
My client is a world renowned financial services company who offer a range of services. They are a foreign bank that is currently continuing to expand its presence in North America, specifically in the Manhattan office.
The successful Sanctions Compliance Officer will be responsible for:
- Contributing to OFAC team regarding OFAC investigation and provide necessary recommendations.
- Being a subject matter experts primarily to interpret sanctions programs and to provide advice to lines of business, risk management teams, legal and supports voluntary disclosure process
- Through investigation, protect the bank from historical and future breaches.
- Conducting investigations on all returned payments and other related sanctions events, providing recommendations to remediate underlying cause of breach and leading all sanctions related lookbacks
- Providing business and branch unit sanctions advisory, includes but not limited to Trade Finance, Treasury, Bank notes, contract review, new customer or product support
- Bachelor's degree or above with minimum 5 years of experience in banking industry and BSA/AML & OFAC internal control
- Experience of working in a Sanctions specific role, not just AML/BSA
- Sanctions Investigations experience
- Sanctions Advisory experience
Competitive Base Salary + Benefits + Bonus