Trade Support Team Lead - Hedge Fund/REIT; RMBS/MBS
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 11 Feb 19
Market Leading Hedge Fund & Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) focused on MBS w/$450B+ AUM is seeking an individual to join a rapidly expanding, business facing Middle Office team
Market Leading Hedge Fund & Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) focused on MBS w/$450B+ AUM
Our client is a self-advised Hedge Fund & Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) primarily engaged in the business of investing, on a leveraged basis, in residential mortgage-backed securities (MBS).
Our client is seeking for an individual to join it's Middle Office Team. This role works alongside other junior to mid-level members and reports directly into an Executive Vice President.
- Day to day operations including trade settlement, margin calls, repo and swap transactions, wire transfers and end of day reconciliations.
- Regular communication with accounting, traders and portfolio managers, custodian bank and counterparties to address and resolve daily settlements and transactions.
- Oversight of system input into TPG (a portfolio, accounting and reporting system) to ensure data accuracy.
- Regular interaction with the Accounting Department and the Technology Support Group regarding reconciliation of daily transactions
- Perform integration and regression testing for new releases and updates of TPG
- Documenting and reviewing of operational procedures
- Preparing of monthly reports for the Accounting department to be used in public filings and management reports* Working collaboratively as a team member, both within the operations department and across the Company
- Working collaboratively as a team member, both within the operations department and across the Company
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or similar.
- 5+ years of operational experience, specifically in trade support or settlements.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry, specifically fixed income.
- Knowledge or exposure to Agency and Non-Agency MBS would be a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Excel is a must, as the role will require the production and review of reconciliations and reports.
- The candidate should be familiar with VBA and macro writing, and be able to accurately handle proprietary data entry.
Comprehensive Compensation Package:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Package