Sr. Infrastructure Engineer Role A global Financial Technology firm is looking for an Executive Infrastructure Engineer to join their innovative company, located in New York City. As leaders in Asset Management and Cloud computing, the company strive to enhance collaboration amongst hedge-fund professionals and asset managers. The right candidate will be motivated to spend about 80% of your time providing hands-on technical contribution, while 20% working on support aspects for a Linux/Windows Infrastructure environment.
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities
- Administer Windows servers and desktop systems running in a virtualized environment.
- Administer Linux focusing on Centos, Parallel File systems and AD integration.
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve problems on Windows servers, Linux Servers, VMWare hosts and end user systems.
- Support end users across the entire firm and ensure IT problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer MUST have the following Requirements:
- 5+ years of professional experience in an infrastructure engineer role. (Windows & Linux environments)
- Proven track record working with both business and internal technical users to provide support to different departments and end users.
- Proficient in scripting with PowerShell (and Ansible preferred)
- Expert knowledge of VMware and virtualization capabilities.
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science / Computer Engineering OR related discipline
Additional Qualifications are a plus:
- Good working knowledge of database technology (SQL Server a plus)
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP internet infrastructure, and IP informational tools and troubleshooting methods.
- Azure Cloud deployment and Cloud platform experience strongly preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application below!