Sr. Accountant (Financial Services)
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
Our client, a growing Investment Bank / Broker Dealer, is looking for a Sr. Accountant to join their team.
Leading Investment Bank / Broker Dealer
- Prepare and record journals for facilities, SIPC, market data, prepaids, and cash accounts
- Perform bank account reconciliations
- Coordinate with other groups to determine nature of transaction and proper recording of cash and abandoned property reporting as it relates to Cash.
- Assist in the implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls under SOX.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to ensure quarterly sign off of SOX control testing is completed on time
- Work closely with management to establish and maintain relevant procedures/controls and drive process improvements
- Assist with audits, ad-hoc inquiries, and projects of relevant accounting and reporting requirements
- BA degree in accounting
- 3 - 5 years general accounting experience; broker-dealer experience a plus
- Well organized with the ability multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment, strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with teams across the firm, including operations, product control, and technology, front office
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills; excellent excel and power point skills
Competitive Base + Bonus