Senior Investment Counsel- Fund Formation
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 19
This attorney would report directly to General Counsel who oversees legal and compliance functions of the Firm globally. Ideal candidate will have experience either at a law firm with nationally recognized investment management practice or a comparable in-house environment, with fund formation or capital markets background.
Global investment firm with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Luxembourg and several other locations. The Legal Team has a collegial and collaborative atmosphere where each attorney has a focus area but is also encouraged to work on a variety of matters.
Each attorney on the legal team works expensively with members of other groups of the Firm, and often leads projects from start to completion. This position thus requires excellent legal judgment and skills, attention to detail and ability to execute projects, as well as ability to work with other members of the Firm both within or outside of the Legal department.
- 4-10 years of experience either at a law firm with nationally recognized investment management practice or a comparable in-house environment, with fund formation or capital markets background
- strong drafting skills for subscription documents and memordandums
- regulatory filing experience
- experience with both private and public companies
- experience at an AMLaw50 firm and T14 law school
Opportunity to join a global investment firm