Senior Desktop Support Engineer
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Dec 18
About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $114.1bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust and sponsorship of the Man Booker Prizes, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
*As at 30 September 2018. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
Purpose of Role
The Senior Desktop Support Engineer will provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support to Man employees, primarily based in the US. The Service Desk team is an initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems remotely/in-person and responsible for system builds/setups. Support requests are generated via a support ticket, phone call, e-mail or user walk-ups. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are paramount with prior experience in a technical role. This position will be based in our New York office and reports into the Head of US IT Support.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware issues, across operating systems (Windows 7/10 and Mac OS X) both in-person and remotely via phone and desktop sharing software
- Resolve common remote access problems, such as account lockouts, troubleshooting VPN/Duo and Citrix remote desktop/application challenges
- Logging incidents and requests in an ITIL based ticket management system and ability to be able to effectively prioritize and provide a point of escalation to other team members
- Setup and configure new IT equipment, including imaging and setup of new desktops/laptops, printers and mobile devices
- Provide local hands-on support for video conferencing events and perform regular system health-checks
- Troubleshoot with other team members any issues with image builds within SCCM
- Utilize existing desktop logging and performance tools to help diagnose and prevent user desktop and application challenges
- Utilize Active Directory, GPOs, and Powershell to automate common tasks
- Work directly with end users to provide exceptional and courteous customer service
- Participate in and manage projects and trainings related to technology rollouts and major system deployments
- Provide detailed analysis and explanation for resolved issues
- Travel to other US offices may be required to support major system rollouts/replacements and office moves or expansions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field preferred
- Industry Certifications MCP (or other Microsoft certifications), A+ and N+ preferred.
- Requires 7+ years of experience in an IT support role, responsible for supporting both Mac and Windows operating systems (7/10) remotely and in-person
- 5+ experience with using imaging technologies and experience working with Active Directory
- Experience using an ITIL based ticket management system, ServiceNow a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Effective communicator both in speech and in writing
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework a Plus