- Up to USD50000 per year
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 15 Nov 18
The Recruitment Consultant will be responsible for identifying and executing new business opportunities as well as building and maintaining business relationships for our existing accounts. Additionally, Recruiters at Michael Page identify talent in the market to sell to our clients. In essense, this is a B2B Sales role as we are selling both the job opportunity as well as the product; our candidate.
Our clients include various Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Consumer Banks, Commercial Banks, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Firms, and Investment Advisors in New York. The Recruitment Consultant will be utilizing numerous business development techniques in order to get in front of new and existing clients, and will be expected to entertain clients in order to build relationships and gain commercial information to further our business.
The Recruitment Consultant will be responsible for:
- Identifying and developing client/business relationships in a competitive environment
- Advising on and selling the most appropriate solution for attracting candidates and maintaining a candidate database
- Assessing and responding to the needs of each particular client or assignment
- Sourcing suitable candidates and briefing them on the opportunities offered by the client
- Managing the process through interview to offer stage and beyond
- Offering resume, interview, and general career advice
- Networking to build business information that can be converted into commercial opportunities
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Confidence to meet with Senior Management in Finance industry (including C-level Executives)
- Assertiveness and ability to push back on objections
- Self-motivation: KPI's are monitored and enforced in order to ensure success
- Intellectual curiosity: the market we service is complex and interesting and it is in your benefit to become a market expert in the space. This takes a great deal of inquisitiveness and intelligence.
- Resiliency: like any Sales role, there are extreme ups and extreme downs and we are heavily impacted by volatility in the Banking market.
From a compensation standpoint, we offer the following:
- Competitive base salary
- Health benefits including dental and vision insurance
- 401k match
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym membership
- Quarterly High Flyers trips for top performers: recent trips include New Orleans, San Diego, Miami, Nashville, Vail, Mont Tremblant
- Regular team outings: recent excursions were water rafting, fishing, comedy clubs, and other events
Additionally, we are passionate about your progress and offer a transparent career development/promotional track so the pace in which you advance in your career is literally in your own control.