In partnership with the broader Legal department, the Paralegal, Private Funds will be responsible for working with the investment professionals and other non-investment groups at the firm. * Play a key role with all aspects of the organization and closing of private funds and separately managed accounts, including the organization, and closing of employee co-investment, and carried interest vehicles. * Manage formation and dissolution of entities, including corporations, LLCs, and partnerships.
In partnership with the broader Legal department, the Paralegal, Private Funds will be responsible for working with the investment professionals and other non-investment groups at the firm to administer the principal duties listed below.
- Form and establish LLC, LP, Series LP/LLC, and corporate components for Venture Capital and Private Equity Funds
- Prepare, maintain, and process organizational documents, partnership and limited liability company agreements, side letters, transfer agreements, admission agreements and other amendments
- Research Federal and State securities regulations in connection with fund formations and prepare and file requisite notices
- Conduct investor suitability due diligence and maintain fund tracking spreadsheets
- Process and track document review and act as liaison with offshore counsel, compliance consultants and fund administrators throughout fund closing process
- Liaise with outside counsel and employees, professionals and administrative staff of the Company to facilitate the transfer of investor interests in private funds.
- Provide General Corporate, Emerging Companies, and Fund Formation training to case assistants and junior paralegal